The modular TX Tubular Screw Conveyor system is highly versatile. TX Screw Conveyors are manufactured in stainless steel with a suitable surface finishing grade appropriate for the application. Manufacture of the fabricated components is carried out on machines that guarantee a perfectly smooth surface due to which material residue is reduced to the minimum. TX Tubular Screw Conveyors are made up from a tubular trough that is equipped with at least one inlet and outlet spout, an end plate at each tube end, helicoid screw flighting welded on a centre pipe with a coupling bush at each end, two end bearing assemblies complete with adjustable shaft sealing unit, and a number of intermediate hanger bearings depending on the overall length of the screw conveyor. Furthermore, TX Tubular Screw Conveyors are equipped with a gear motor that is suitable for the application. Depending on the material to be handled TX Tubular Screw Conveyors come in a light or medium-heavy-duty design.
TX Screw Conveyors are available with ATEX, zone 22 certification.
The TX Tubular Screw Conveyor system offers a variety of solutions for conveying or feeding powdery or granular materials. TX Tubular Screw Conveyors are suitable for applications in which any contamination of the material handled has to be strictly avoided and in which absolute cleanliness and perfect resistance to corrosion is required.
In particular, TX Tubular Screw Conveyors are used in environmental technology, in flour and animal feed milling, in food processing and packaging, in plastics and chemicals, as well as in the pharmaceutical industry.
Performance & Technical Features – Benefits
- Standard design in 304 L or 316 L stainless steel
- Polygonal or cylindrical inlet and outlet spouts according to WAM® standard
- End bearing assemblies with externally adjustable shaft seals (stuffing box, air or gas-purged, others)
- Wide range of intermediate hanger bearings appropriate for the application (also self-lubricating)
- End flanges welded orthogonally on the trough on special jigs
- End plates carrying flanged end bearing assemblies and closing off the trough
- Modular length helicoid screw flighting with square or variable pitch welded on centre pipe with shaft coupling each end
- Screw sections connected by splined or bolted shaft couplings
- Screws accurately balanced
- Bearing assemblies entirely designed by WAM® to offer the right product for each application
- WAM® drive units with integrated end bearing assembly and adjustable shaft sealing unit (screws run perfectly balanced due to drive unit directly mounted on screw pipe; substitutes coupling or chain transmission with special drive mount)