For the sorting of recycled glass ware, e.g.
- hollow glass 5 - 60 mm
- flat glass 8 - 40 mm
- fine flat glass 0,5 - 8 mm
- Mogensen can offer various machine types:
The MSort AX is specially designed for the sorting of big quantities of rejected material and strongly impurified recycled hollow glass ware within a particle range of 5 to 60 mm.
Recycling glass makes different demands on the automatic sorting system. The material is hardly ever washed, is often wet due to outdoor storage and contains, in addition to the actual undesired colours and CSP (ceramic material/stones/porcelain), a lot of other fine material, paper and organic residues. For the end product, however, even the finest differences must be detected, i.e. it must be possible to tell white from light green, ceramic fragments from white glass with paper labels and chocolate residues from brown glass.
In order to meet these requirements, the material is detected in free fall and by means of a special illumination. Contamination by fine material and paper is minimised by appropriate measures and all relevant areas are equipped with automatic cleaning systems.
Such, the sorting stays very stable on a high level, even under unfavourable conditions.
The MSort AL is specially designed for the recycling of flat glass (window panes and car panes) within the particle range of 8 to 30 mm. The input material is either washed and dried or damp, distinguished by very fine colour shades and is contaminated by rubber, foil and metal residuals. For this task, the material is detected directly on the chute with the illumination behind.
The MSort AF is designed for special applications with flat glass in the particle size range of 0.5 - 4 mm. The material has been dried and screened into very small particles. This material is mostly contaminated by light and dark off-colours and rubber and foil residues. The input material is scanned as with the type AL, however, because of the reduced working width, one can work with a distinctly higher resolution.
The MSort AF scans bulk goods on a working width of 900 mm in free fall by means of a colour line camera. The respective data is evaluated by a freely programmable sorting software of an industrial computer by colour, brightness and size into good product and rejected parts. The computer passes this information to 224 fast and robust compressed air valves, each of which serves one compressed air nozzle. Rejected parts are evaluated by position, shape and size and blown out of the material stream by specific jets of compressed air. Depending on the material, particle size distribution and the quantity of rejected material quantities between 8 to 20 t/h with the AX/AL and 2 to 5 t/h with the AF may be sorted.
Advantages of MSort:
- Inexpensive sorting of strongly contaminated, broken recycling glass by colour and brightness is possible (AX).
- Slightest colour differences (e.g. white and half white, window pane and vitrophyre glass) are reliably detected and are available as sorting parameters (AL).
- Rejection rates of up to 50% (white glass from mixed glass or processing of CSP (ceramic material/stones/porcelain) may be realised in continuous operation.
- The material yield is maximised by accurate detection and exact sorting.
- Fine metal parts are detected parallel to the colour sorting and fed into the rejection stream.
- Thanks to the exact detection, the small distance of the nozzles to the product stream and the fast, precise triggering of the valves, the compressed air consumption is kept very low.
- Low-maintenance operation thanks to automatic cleaning.
- Also refer to our technical paper: Glass Recycling with Mogensen Sorting and Screening Systems.
- Click here to open information leaflet Mogensen MSort AX.