Pin Mill for fine products and coating
With contra-rotating pin discs the resultant tip speed is over 200 m/s which enables the grinding of soft to medium hard minerals to a high fineness. Independent control of the speed and direction of rotation of the pin disc drives gives a high degree of flexibility. An airflow through the mill assists the grinding, enables the control of product temperature and provides a medium for pneumatic transfer of the product.
As standard, the mill body is a robust, welded mild steel construction. Where necessary, the SMW pin mill can also be offered in stainlesssteel construction. Access on the SMW mill is excellent and pin replacement is an easy operation.
The SMW mill also represents an economical and highly efficient method of coating ultra-fine fillers with stearic acid.
1. Fine grinding of soft and medium hard minerals
2. Extremely reliable and robust design
5. Suitable for coating applications
3. Pin discs counter rotation or same rotation depending on material and application requirements
4. Easy and quick maintenance resulting in low maintenance cost