Air Classifier for ultrafine products
With its strong commitment to research and development Ecutec has introduced a new generation of horizontal turbo classifiers with outstanding performance. These classifiers are creating business opportunities and opening new markets for already well established customers.
In developing the TFS the main objective was to achieve products of high fineness, combined with a sharp cut point at a high fines yield and a low specific energy consumption. These criterias have been met by optimizing the dynamics of the air flow and mechanical resistance of the rotating parts. In addition, Ecutec's philosophy of building hybrid-rotors with a high length/diameter ratio is a proven advantage in achieving these objectives.
Ecutec can offer an air classifier to meet your most demanding product fineness requirements. The use of sophisticated composite materials for the rotor construction has enabled us to reach tip speeds up to 108 m/s.
TFS air classifiers are designed for the ultrafine classification of industrial minerals such as calcite, dolomite, chalk, talc, wollastonite, graphite, etc. Because of their high precision of separation, the TFS range is also well suited to the production of toner and other similar products.
1. Cut point down to d98 < 2μm
2. Very sharp cut points at highest yields
3. Production of ultra-fines (nanoparticles) on an industrial scale which in the past was only by wet processing and drying.
4. Return of investment in very short time.
5. Highest throughputs on the market, for example at d98 < 3μm on calcium carbonate – 1.000 kg/h (TFS 510/2)
6. Rotor with hybrid-design makes the classification more reliable
7. Low maintenance costs and easy maintenance
8. Double discharge reduces pressure loss and safes energy costs by over 40%
9. Dynamic air sealing adapted to rotor speed minimizes risk of oversize contamination (< 5 ppm at 25μm)