The SZ-100 measures ultrafine particles down to the nanometer range in extremely low as well as in extremely high sample concentrations. This newly developed analyzer is used in the fields of bio and nano technology (e.g. nano ceramics, nano metals) and for protein analyses. The HORIBA SZ-100 provides the best measurement results and features a wide measurement range from 0.3 nm to 8 microns. Therefore the instrument not only meets the requirements of modern laboratories but also the quality control needs at production facilities.
Particle Size Measurement from 0.3 nm to 8 µm
The SZ-100 measures the particle size distribution over a wide measurement range using photon correlation spectroscopy (PCS). Analyses are possible across a wide range of sample concentrations: from low ppm-order concentrations to high-concentration samples in double-digit percentages. Disposable standard plastic cells or glass cuvettes can be used for analysis. The required sample volume ranges between 12 µl and 3 ml.
Measurement of Zeta Potential from -200 to + 200 mV
Analysis of sample volumes as small as 100μL using HORIBA-developed microelectrophoresis cells.
Determination of the Molecular Weight from 1 x 103 bis 2 x 107 g/mol
Absolute molecular weight (Mw) and the second virial coefficient (A2) are obtained by performing static light scattering measurement while changing sample concentration and preparing Debye plots.
- Extremely wide measurement range from 0.3 nm – 8 μm
- Samples ranging from low ppm-order concentrations to 40 Vol%
- Flexible optics with measurements at 90° or 173°
- Temperature-controlled measurement chamber
- Easy operation, no cleaning or maintenance required
- Measurement of zeta potential
- Determination of molecular weight and 2. virial coefficient
- Rapid analysis (2 min)
- Simple, intuitive software, 21CFR Part11 conformity (option)
- Highest resolution and precision
- Compact design allows for installation in any laboratory environment