Established in 1961, IMA is world leader in the design and manufacture of automatic machines for the processing and packaging of pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food, tea and coffee.
Its position of leadership is the result of significant investments in R&D, regular and constructive dialogue with the end-users in its sectors and the Group's ability to expand internationally, conquering new markets. Its history features a constant growth that has enabled the Group to close the year 2014 with a consolidated turnover of 854.6 million euros, about 91% of which destined for export.
The Group, whose Chairman is Alberto Vacchi, has about 4,600 employees, more than 2,300 of whom overseas, and is present in about 80 countries, supported by a sales network made up of 29 branches (Italy, France, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Spain, Poland, Israel, Russia, the United States, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand and Brazil), representative offices in central-eastern Europe and more than 50 agencies.
The Group has 34 production plants in Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland, Spain, the UK, the USA, India and China.
IMA S.p.A. has been listed on the Milan Stock Exchange since 1995 and in 2001 joined the STAR segment.
The IMA Group owns 1,300 patents and applications for patent in the world; over 500 designers are committed to product innovation. IMA has launched many new machine models over the last years.
IMA PHARMA includes three highly specialised divisions: IMA ACTIVE (Solid Dose Solutions), IMA LIFE (Aseptic Processing & Freeze Drying Solutions), IMA SAFE (Packaging Solutions).
- IMA ACTIVE division offers a complete range of machines for the process and production of solid dose products. Granulation equipment for wet granulation and drying for all types of production and layout requirements. Tablet press machines designed to handle all production volumes. Capsule filling machines with a wide assortment of filling and control systems. Coating systems with solid wall and perforated pans. Checkweighers for 100% control of tablets and capsules. Very flexible powder handling and washing systems.
- IMA LIFE division offers machines for the washing and sterilization of pharmaceutical products, filling and stoppering in aseptic environments of vials, ampoules and “RTF” vials, syringes and cartridges, microdosing and macrodosing of aseptic powders, including isolation technology and containment solutions as well as industrial, pilot and laboratory freeze-dryers, which can be combined with the industry's widest range of automated loading and unloading systems. IMA LIFE also offers filling and closing machines of non aseptic pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, labellers for vials, ampoules and cartons, blowing machines, depackers, tray loading machines and other ancillary equipment.
- IMA SAFE division designs and manufactures complete lines for primary and secondary packaging for the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmetic industries. IMA SAFE manufactures a complete range of blister and tray packaging machines, capsule and tablet counters, tube fillers and cartoners and provides complete end-of-line solutions for the pharmaceutical industry.
Exhibitor videoPlay video
The author is solely responsible for the content of press releases. NürnbergMesse reserves the right not to publish or to remove individual press releases after legal examination.
IMA Germany GmbH offers you products from these product groups:
Packaging and filling (291)
- Filling equipment (216)
Packaging technology and accessories (115)
- Blister packaging equipment (15)
- Bottle packaging equipment (11)
- Sachet packaging equipment (13)
- Ampoule/vial packaging equipment (11)
- Glass container packaging equipment (7)
- Tube packaging equipment (10)
- Special packaging equipment (28)
- Cartoning equipment (15)
- Printers and scanners (8)
- Labelling equipment (18)
- Wrapping equipment (9)
- Palletizing equipment (35)
- Robotic and handling systems (31)
- Control systems and monitoring equipment (17)