Circular economy - this is our mission behind the HolyGrail 2.0 initiative.
Together with many partners, we are developing an "intelligent" packaging design that takes the sortability and traceability of disposed plastic packaging to a new level.
The "digital watermark" integrated into the packaging across the board enables both the machines in the sorting plants and the end consumer to obtain more information about the packaging via app using their smartphone. In this way, sorting plants can distinguish between food packaging and packaging for chemicals, for example, and sort them according to their intended use. In the future, this should facilitate the production of plastic granules from recycled plastic, as the food purity criterion can be fully met and reused to package food.
Recently, semi-industrial test runs were successfully carried out and the products were correctly sorted with an average rate of 99%.
- ideal recognition of packaging information
- even in the damaged, pressed and altered state of the packaging
- promotion of the circular economy
- In the long term, this can ensure the purity of the recyclate and enable their use also in the food industry
- Code can also be read by the end consumer via app (Digimarc)
Other products from
Digimarc is assigned to following product groups:
- Packaging materials and supplies (936)