2 D. Gamrekeli
We are a company that is building a polyester synthetic fiber factory which uses raw polyethylene-terephthalate (PET) secondary bottle as a raw material in Tbilisi. Synthetic fibers are used in textile, furniture, clothing and raw materials for these and other related fields.
On base of last data obtained from 3rd Environmental performance Review vIt is estimated that about 70 per cent of generated municipal waste is collected by regular services and delivered to local disposal sites. Practically all collected waste is transported directly to disposal sites. Material recovery from municipal waste is not performed except in the sorting plant at Rustavi city landfill. Separate collection has been introduced in Georgia only recently.
Approximately 900,000 tons of municipal waste is generated annually in Georgia.by paying special attention to waste management,Georgia has set its national indicator, meaning that 100% of urban solid waste (municipal waste) will be regularly collected and 80 % well managed by 2030. Polvim Proudly would like to be part of this development and movement toward better future.
According to the information obtained from the experts and field specialists based on our long preliminary preparatory works, in the municipal landfill in Tbilisi every month approximately 750 (seven hundred and fifty) tons of plastic bottles are consumed. The initial productivity of our enterprise is calculated monthly to 1000 (thousand) tons to obtain multifunctional synthetic fibers on such raw material. Accordingly, we will be able to fully utilize the plastic bottle, instead of transporting and preserving them in the landfill.
Recycling of bottled material will be processed: sorting, drying, washing and crashing by special machine tools to receive flakes. Afterwards the flakes will be transmitted directly to the polyester’s synthetic fibers production line, where it will receive the final look as a result of proper processing. At the same time, it will significantly reduce the costs of Tbilisi waste management and promote environmental protection.
The synthetic fiber consumption of the local market is averaging 100 (one hundred) tons per month. Consequently, our factory will be able to fully satisfy the domestic market demand (less than 15% of the product’s share) and export the rest of the products (more than 85% share of the product) in Turkey and European Union markets where are already operating. According to the conditions of free trade agreements signed between Georgia and foreign market, our products will be able to be competitive in the long run and in the long-term perspective of foreign currency inflows in Georgia to increase productivity and consequently reach sustainable development. We think this fact is very important for the Georgian economy and we will be happy to contribute into this development.
It should be noted that total investment in first phase of Polyvim (up to February 2020) is more than 4.8 Million USD . With the implementation of the project, 150 (one hundred and fifty) jobs will be created and the strengthening of the industry will promote the development of other small and medium-sized textile industries and related fields. This means creation of more jobs and source of income for the local population.
About three thousand people are already employed in our enterprise union. We already have fifteen years of experience in this field, producing fiber and supplying the local market as well as Georgia, Turkey and many European Union countries. Our multi-year production and marketing experience together with Georgia’s political, economic and investment environment allows us to be confident in successful implementation of the project.