With annual sales of 390 billion yen (approximately 3.3 billion euros, fiscal year ended February 28, 2021), Yaskawa is a global technology supplier in the area of robotics, drive and control technology, as well as of solutions in the energy sector. Founded in Japan in 1915, Yaskawa has practiced the same philosophy for over 100 years, namely to deliver products of the highest quality, and in doing so has established itself at the top of the global market. Throughout this time, Yaskawa has evolved from a motor producer to an automation provider and finally, by way of the Industry 4.0 concept i3 mechatronics, to a solution provider.
Yaskawa’s business activities comprise the areas of drives (GA700 inverter drives), motion control (Sigma-7 servo drives, servo motors, machine controllers), robotics (Motoman industrial robots, robot systems), system engineering (generators and converters) as well as information technology (software-based products). Since 2012, Yaskawa’s portfolio has also included control technology, visualization systems and chip solutions from the former VIPA GmbH in Herzogenaurach. The merger was legally finalized in October 2019, when the Profichip brand became a separate product division at Yaskawa known as “Profichip Embedded Solutions.” In October 2014, Yaskawa also acquired The Switch Engineering Ltd., operating in the sectors of wind, marine, and turbo/industrial applications.
Yaskawa is thus one of the few companies in the world able to offer components and solutions for virtually all sectors from a single source.
Thanks to substantial investments into research and development, the company has produced a large number of inventions, patents and innovations. This technological expertise has allowed the company divisions to achieve a leading market position in a wide range of industries, including: mechanical and plant engineering (packaging machines, pumps/compressors, textile machines, digital printing machines, manufacture of cranes and lifting equipment, systems for semiconductor and electronics manufacturing, machines for the harvesting/extraction and processing of wood, glass, metal, stone/soil) as well as the elevator industry, automotive construction and the field of assembly and handling applications. The industrial robots of the Motoman brand are used, for example, for robot welding, laboratory automation, for packaging and handling applications as well as in the field of automated painting.
Based in Eschborn near Frankfurt in Germany, Yaskawa Europe GmbH comprises the Drives Motion Controls (automation, drive and control technology), Robotics (industrial robots, systems) and Environmental Energy (environmental engineering) business units, and services the markets of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and theCIS countries.
Yaskawa Europe GmbH offers you products from these product groups:
- Peripheral packaging machinery and equipment (187)
- Palletising technology (78)
SectorThe products and/or services can be used in the following branches of industry.
- Food and luxury food (e.g. meat products, fruit and vegetables, confectionery; tobacco products) (841)
- Beverage (e.g. soft drinks, liquid dairy products, beer, spirits) (485)
- Pharmaceuticals (e.g. drugs such as tablets, ointments; infusion solutions) (570)
- Medical devices (e.g. implants, infusion sets, X-ray equipment) (381)
- Cosmetics (e.g. perfumes, creams, make-up) (560)
- Chemicals (e.g. varnishes, adhesives, cleaning agents) (483)
- Automotive (e.g. body parts, headlights, tyres) (464)
- Health care (e.g. body care products, hygiene products) (532)
- Pet food (e.g. wet food, dry food, food snacks) (544)
- Non-food, other consumer goods (e.g. textiles, toys, jewellery) (568)
- Technical articles, other industrial goods (e.g. tools, household appliances, machine parts) (537)