Recyda is a startup from Freiburg, Germany, that is driving the circular economy of packaging through digitalisation. Since 2019, the company has been developing a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution that outputs the international recyclability of packaging.
Recyda is already working with some of the largest packaging manufacturers, brand owners and retailers who need to check hundreds to thousands of packagings in their portfolios. As the requirements are constantly changing, a manual approach is not possible for most companies and is therefore only feasible for individual packagings. Externally communicated company targets, such as 100% recyclable packaging of the entire product range, are to be achieved by 2025. Recyda helps to identify problem areas, implement sustainability reportings and save costs by providing an accurate recyclability analysis for the entire portfolio at any point in time.
Recyda collects and centralises country-specific requirements and waste infrastructure information in one software tool so that the recyclability of packaging can be easily measured for different target markets.
The following features make Recyda's software unique:
- Transparency: taking into account country-specific information on legislation and waste management systems
- Information at international level
- Choice between different sets of rulesets
- Assessment of recyclability based on packaging specification
- Easy-to-use software tool
- Comprehensive packaging management
- All-in-one software: linking recyclability with EPR fees (Extended Producer Responsibility Fees)
Recyda GmbH offers you products from these product groups:
SectorThe products and/or services can be used in the following branches of industry.
- Food and luxury food (e.g. meat products, fruit and vegetables, confectionery; tobacco products) (919)
- Beverage (e.g. soft drinks, liquid dairy products, beer, spirits) (581)
- Pharmaceuticals (e.g. drugs such as tablets, ointments; infusion solutions) (672)
- Cosmetics (e.g. perfumes, creams, make-up) (622)
- Health care (e.g. body care products, hygiene products) (590)
- Pet food (e.g. wet food, dry food, food snacks) (593)
- Non-food, other consumer goods (e.g. textiles, toys, jewellery) (618)